MUA Eyeshadow Palettes

Sunday, 13 April 2014

MUA Eyeshadow Palettes - £4 each. Top - Heaven & Earth; Bottom - Undressed





I'd like to confess something... Until I purchased these palettes, I had never tried anything from MUA... I know, I know! Call myself a high street beauty blogger and haven't tried anything from one of the cheapest brands that are known to offer some quality products. I'd like to formally apologise, and launch into this review with no hesitation, because I can tell you, I have been well and truly converted.

I felt my collection had been lacking a wider range of eyeshadow shades, and with my weekly Made Up posts, I felt it was all getting a bit samey using the same shades and products week after week. I wanted something inexpensive that would offer a wide range of shades and some good quality shadows, and after a little research went for the MUA Heaven and Earth Palette and the MUA Undressed Palette.

First things first, before we even get to the products, let's just talk about the price... These were £4 each... For a total of 24 shades. £4. I am blown away. This would not be such a surprise, if the quality of the product wasn't so up to scratch, but I really have no complaints with it. The shadows are pigmented, apply easily and I found that they had limited fall down, with or without a primer (though that will obviously be down to the condition of your lids). The only thing that I was slightly disappointed with was that the third shade on the top row of my Undressed palette cracked not long after I'd bought it. As far as I know, nothing was done to encourage it to break, so it's a bit disappointing, however the rest have remained in tact so it may have just been an individual fault.

The palettes themselves are really lovely. The Undressed palette is supposed to be a dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette, and the name may suggest that this was a deliberate move by MUA. Undressed offers 3 matte shades, and the rest have shimmer running through them, but nothing too in your face. Heaven & Earth has a similar uniform to it, but definitely has a more browny, neutral theme to the shades, whereas Undressed is more varied.

I would definitely recommend these palettes and am already looking into some other MUA palettes, so if you have any recommendations please pop them in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. MUA Palettes are super value for money an I've really enjoyed both of these. Fingers crossed they'll do a dupe of Naked 3 soon too :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything by MUA either but that's because it's not available over here (yet). I'm going to London in 2 weeks so I'll definitely take a look. thanks for sharing x

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait
    drawings)

    ReplyDelete