Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray

Monday, 14 April 2014

Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray - £6.99


Texturising sprays have become really popular in the past couple of years, with loads of different companies sending out their offerings from high end to drugstore. The Oribe Dry Texturising Spray became a bit of a cult classic in the last few months, but came with a bit of disclaimer in terms of the price tag. However, recently there has been a bit of buzz around the Charles Worthington Volume and Bounce Texturising Spray, and claims that it may just be a pretty good dupe for the pricier Oribe spray. I have never tried the Oribe spray, I'm sorry but almost £40 for a can, I cannot justify that at all. I have tried the Bumble & Bumble Dryspun Finish Spray, and the Vo5 Give Me Texture Dry Texturising Spray though, so it's not as if I'm a newbie.

The Charles Worthington adds a lot of volume to the hair, and holds it there more importantly. It lasts basically all day on my hair, and just requires a bit of a tousle every now and then, but no more product. I haven't found it to be crispy on the hair, but I do find it leaves a bit of grittiness the next day, which has to be thoroughly washed out, so a good clarifying shampoo is probably necessary. For the price, I'd say it was a great product, but I would say that the Bumble & Bumble spray just has the edge for me, because I don't find that it dirties the hair as much after use and for £21 I would say that it doesn't exactly break the bank. However, as a much cheaper alternative, Charles Worthington is not a bad product at all if you are someone who washes their hair everyday.

Have you tried any texturising sprays? What's the most you would pay for a product?

8 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this yet, but your hair looks gorgeous and anything that gives body like that needs to be among staple items :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this. I don´t think I can take this with me in the airplane though :( x

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait
    drawings)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great on your hair! im going to get this xx

    BerrieBlogs| {beauty blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've honestly been hearing about this product nonstop from numerous beauty bloggers, I wonder if they sell it in the US?


    xx Alyson
    www.beauty-vanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah it's super popular at the moment, I imagine they do but it may be called something different!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I'll keep an eye out for a mini version?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Yeah get your hands on it if you can!

    ReplyDelete