The Essie Additions

Friday, 14 February 2014

Essie Fiji and Essie Solemate 



Essie Fiji on nails
Essie is a brand for nails that pretty much has a cult following. We all know and love the colours, from the collection regulars to the limited editions. In the past, I had only owned what I believe were limited edition shades (Fragrance Direct sell them off for like £2), but had always found myself marvelling at the stand in Boots time and time again. The main problem with buying Essie nail polishes (when I already own around 30ish colours from other brands) is what colour to go for. The choice is massive, so I thought long and hard about what I felt was missing from my collection and finally settled on Fiji and Bordeaux. However, when I got there I saw Solemate around the same section as Bordeaux and that choice when straight out the window. I would suggest looking in store for sure, because on the website the colours can look completely different to real life.

I feel like these two colours are very seasonal for the opposite times of year, with Fiji being a beautiful nudey, pink perfect for the spring and brilliant for rocking with a tan in summer. Whereas Solemate is much more an autumn winter colour, with its deep wine tone. I love them both, but I think Fiji might just win the crown for favourite out of the two...

I won't bang on about formula etc, because we all know how great the Essie formulas are. I will just add though that Solemate is great at two coats, but Fiji probably needs three for a truly opaque finish. Either way, these beauties have definitely affirmed my obsession with Essie and I can imagine there are going to be a number of posts to come documenting my new obsession...

What are your favourite Essie shades?

P.S. Happy Valentines Day guys!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I need fiji in my life now! haha, great post! :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete