No 7 Essentially Natural Foundation

Monday, 17 February 2014

No 7 Essentially Natural Foundation in Calico * - £9.95
Considering that this time last year I had only just started wearing foundation (shocking I know), my little collection of bases is starting to grow and grow - in fact I might do a post on all my favourite base products if anyone would like to see that? Comment below! - and this is one of the latest additions. I've been trialling this foundation for about a month, as I really like to properly test foundations before I post about them.

This foundation is light to medium coverage with a natural finish on the skin which doesn't feel heavy. It also has SPF 15 which is an added bonus for a daytime foundation, which I would definitely recommend this as. I got this foundation in No 7's lightest shade Calico, I did their Match Made service a while ago, which I posted about here if you are interested, and this was the shade they matched me at then. The foundation claims to be for all skin types, which I imagine is true, I have normal to dry skin and found it moisturising enough to sweep over any dry patches, but not too much for oilier gals. 

I have really enjoyed using this foundation, and it has been my go to day foundation for the last few weeks pretty consistently. I apply it with either the Real Techniques Buffing Brush or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, which I find leaves nice even finish to the skin, but I have also applied this with fingers and found it to be just as good. If you want to see an example of this foundation then check out my No Make Up Make Up post or The Lady Is A Vamp look.

This retails for just under £10 which I think is pretty good considering brands like Bourjois have been selling their foundations for a similar price, and considering No 7 also offer the free Match Made service and offer a better shade range I would stick with them. Plus Boots are always doing vouchers for half off No 7 make up so save those little vouchers you get at checkout and you'll get this baby for around £5!

What base have you been loving for daytime recently?

12 comments:

  1. I think I might give this a try on my dry skin , been on the look out for something like this

    http://whatididonwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if I can find this at target...sounds lovely! Great review!! :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds amazing, going to try it soon with a No7 voucher. Great Review! x


    http://loudoesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried a No.7 foundation before but I think I'd be willing to give it a go, it sounds really nice!

    xx

    Salted Roses // Fashion
    & Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh it sounds sooo nice!!! Next time i am definetely buying this one!! <3

    thelittleblackdressblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked this up a while ago and love it! I've been reaching for the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream for daytime use recently xx

    Jasmine Cara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for sure! It's done a great job for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know about US stockists I'm afraid but if they stock No 7 I'm sure they'd have it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I love it when No 7 have vouchers, I pick up so many foundations with them haha. And thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah definitely! :) I really love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh yeah I have been wanting to try that one but I'm attempting to reign in the foundation purchases atm, maybe I'll have to make a little exception!

    ReplyDelete