Latest In Beauty: THE GLAMOUR BEAUTY EDIT

Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Latest In Beauty: The Glamour Beauty Edit
Beauty boxes seem like they are being advertised all over the internet at the moment, and although I love the concept, many seem to require a monthly commitment in terms of dollar, which as a student is not something I can keep up with, so when I discovered Latest in Beauty through Glamour Magazine (one of my faaaav magazines) I was very pleased with myself. Latest in Beauty bring out regular boxes but don't require a monthly subscription, meaning you can buy the box you want and not have to worry about not being able to afford it the next month. Being a Glamour Magazine junky, I decided my first box should be the one put together by their beauty editor, Alessandra Steinherr, and boy, am I pleased with that decision; for under £15 I was sent around £65 worth of products that haven't disappointed yet.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in the Original scent (full size here) has been a cult beauty item for what seems like forever now (what did we do before dry shampoo?) and this mini shall be joining me on my holidays this year to aid my be achy hair. Moving onto to another long established hair favourite, the John Frieda Frizz Ease Serum is something I have literally grown up seeing my Mum use religiously on her ringlets to using myself to tame the frizz, another little travel essential that shall be joining me at the beach this year.

Moving onto skincare goodies, the Benefit The Porefessional PRO Balm is currently the UK's best selling primer, so if that doesn't give you some indication to its amazingness then I don't know what will. The formula is light, easy to apply, helps your make-up to stay put and genuinely does make your skin look flawless. The other skincare item I was sent was the the Ginvera Green Tea Exfoliating Marvel Gel. Now I don't want to jump the gun, but OMG wonder product alert. I have always been slightly apprehensive about chemical exfoliants, if you could even call it that, because I used to have very sensitive skin. This product claims to soften the cornified layer and gently removes dead skin cells, which it literally does. Not to be gross but the skin came off in my hands to reveal a brighter, clearer complexion. Both these skincare products are most likely going to be repurchased rapidly.

Last but not least, the lovely make up bits. The Vintage Cosmetics Company sent some lovely tweezers, in  a pastel pink, which will come in very handy when applying my JINNYlash Strip Eyelashes, which look like a lovely pair of 'just a bit more than natural' false eyelashes, perfect for daywear. Continuing with the theme of eyes, the L'Oreal Paris Gel Intenza Eyeliner in Golden Black was a lovely little inclusion, a black gel eyeliner with a hint of gold glitter running through it - perfect for a night out. It boasts a waterproof, quick drying formula with 24 hour wear, which while I would say isn't quite 24 hours, it does last extremely well, and the waterproof end holds up as I was caught in rain today and didn't suffer a smudge. Also, the brush that came with it is already holding up better than the one that came with my Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, so good job there. The next item was a full sized Revlon Nail Polish in the shade One Perfect Coral, and my oh my, is it. I have it on my nails at the moment and it is just the most beautiful coral red, perfect for summer. Finally, the box included a Stila Lip Glaze in PiƱata, a lovely pink gloss that smells amazing. I'm not a huge gloss girl but I have really enjoyed using this.

So yes, I managed to get all of that! Great additions to my beauty collection. I may have to purchase a few more boxes from Latest in Beauty. I've got my eye on their Summer Lovin' Collection so watch this space... I feel like these beauty boxes may become a new addiction...

No comments:

Post a Comment