Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Sunday, 10 March 2013


First of all, apologies for the sudden gap in posts, I have been pretty ill this week and not really looked the part for taking photos, but I am much better now so we can get back into the swing of things. I purchased the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette earlier this week, after reading about it on like a million blogs. It has become really hyped by bloggers across the world, so I was desperate to see whether it would live up to its name!
The palette is made up of 6 shades: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint and Crave, all of which are matte except for Venus which has a light shimmer to it, ideal for highlighting. I was originally slightly apprehensive about the matte shades because I was worried it would dull down my skin a bit, but on using them I couldn't be happier with the result. The colours, although light, are highly pigmented, easy to apply, easy to blend etc. I don't use all the shades at once, it depends for what kind of look I am going for. Today I wanted to have a smokey look that meant I didn't have to wear eyeliner, so I used Foxy as a base all over the eye, added Naked 2 onto the eye lid, used Faint in my crease and o n my brows and finally used Crave to outline the eye. I also used Venus just under the eyebrow to highlight my eyes.
Overall, I was really happy with this product, it's so great for a day to day wear look, but can be intensified to be a smokier eye with the help of the darker shades. With a price tag of £20, though I got it on offer for £18, I would say it is a pretty good bargain too, especially when you think consider that you are getting 6 shades, so in my case I paid £3 an eyeshadow. I would definitely recommend it!


1 comment:

  1. Great review-I've been wanting to get this palette for sooo long!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete